Contract Indigenous Reader / Narrator – Mdantsane Studio (1-year contract post)
The South African Library for the Blind is a Schedule 3A Public Entity under the National Department of Sports, Arts and Culture and is governed by the provisions of the South African Library for the Blind Act, 91 of 1998
Employment Opportunity- Re-advertisement
1-year Contact Positions
In support of the Government’s concerted efforts to alleviate the current unemployment rate, particularly in relation to persons with disabilities, youth, and woman, the Provincial Department of Sports, Arts, and Culture in the Eastern Cape provided funding to the SA Library for the Blind (SALB) for employment of unemployed youth, albeit for the short term.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified SA citizens for the undermentioned position(s) to commence on 1 April 2023 or earlier.
- Contract Indigenous Reader / Narrator – Mdantsane Studio (1-year contract post)
Voice Test: It is a requirement for all applicants to first undergo and pass a compulsory voice test before advancing to the next stage of the process. The voice test must be a recording snipped of you reading aloud a section from your favourite book (maximum 100 words) in the requested language. The recording must be done in an mp3 recording format and then be emailed to [email protected] together with your application documents (letter of application, curriculum vitae, and certified supporting documents)
The ideal candidate should be unemployed with Grade 12 (Matric); Basic level Computer experience and/or qualification (email and internet); Audio/studio production experience; A clear and coherent communicator; and clarity and accuracy when reading; Fluency in English business language and isiXhosa reading language spoken in the Eastern Cape and the isiXhosa reading language as a matric subject; Good interpersonal and communication skills to establish and maintain good relations with co-workers; A person with very good planning and organizing skills.
The main purpose of this position is to render a support service to the Audio Production section at the SALB, by;
- Accurately Reading/Narrating isiXhosa books at the Mdantsane Mini Library.
- Maintaining a reading pace that is appropriate to the reading material.
- Meet the required Reading/Narration targets.
- Re-adjusting targets as and when required.
- Sending completed audio material to the Digital Technical Officer.
- Keeping accurate individual statistics of work done.
- Assisting the Digital Technical Officer and library staff at the mini-library with member visits/library/studio tours when required
Annual CTC Salary around R65 096,52 per annum
Candidates who are Eastern Cape Citizens, residing in the area of Mdantsane and meet at least the minimum requirements that would like to apply for any of the above positions should submit a letter of application together with their curriculum vitae (with 3 contactable referees) and copies of educational certificates to the Human Resources Section on email [email protected] or at address SA Library for the Blind, 112b High Street; Makhanda (Grahamstown); 6139.
Closing date for applications: 03 February 2023 (Applications received after the closing date will not be considered).
- In support of the National drives and initiatives, persons from designated groups, persons with disabilities, women, and youth are encouraged to apply.
- Short-listed candidates may be required to undergo competency testing.
- SALB reserves the right not to appoint any person to the position.
- Original certificates and/or testimonials should be made available on appointment.
Should you as an applicant not hear back from us within one month of the closing date of this position, kindly regard your application as unsuccessful.